Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Yeti Beti Clinic

 This past weekend, I attended my first all women's mountain bike clinic in Keystone, CO.
Clinic's are a great way for a beginner mountain biker to improve very quickly and for the intermediate/ advanced rider to gain even more mad skill's! The common thread amongst the ladies attending the clinic was gaining confidence! We learned the correct body positioning on our bikes, which makes you more connected to the bike. The words "fluid", "relax", "open your body", and "look where you want to land" were used by my coaches. Once again feeling the relationship between biking and my life.
 I want to talk about a few of the coaches I got to spend time with and that helped me to start and achieve these goals. Lindsey Voreis "You can learn so much about yourself and your ability to persevere and overcome obstacles"-Lindsey V. http://www.kirtvoreis.com/lindsey-voreis.html
I imagine you can see why I could connect with her! :) She also rides horses which is super rad! Lindsey's energy is high volume and authentic and I love that! Tammy Donahugh was one of my coaches at the clinic. Tammy helped me to recognize "baby step's", Not that I couldn't hit a jump or rally some obstacle's, but to wait and learn how to do it "right" on smaller jumps. Patience comes to mind, learning how to not get too far ahead of myself and accept where I am at (right where I need to be). Tammy has a great clinic for women coming up in August in Frisco, CO. DixieTrix http://www.dixietrix.com/
Wendy Palmer of Moab, UT was also one of my coaches and her energy alone helped me to work through some of the anxiety I had from last weekends Enduro.  I had competed my first Enduro, and I feel great about that. Going to the clinic I still had some trepidation after a few of the crashes. Wendy taught me to use my shocks more "you gotta pump to jump"! "load and explode"! I learned to really use the suspension on my bike and pump into turns, before a drop or a jump.  I plan to use all these skill's at my next Enduro in Crested Butte this weekend!
The Yeti Beti clinic was a success for me and I can't wait to use the skill's I learned on my bike and in my life.  Fluid!

No comments:

Post a Comment